Recent picture of me – taken a few weekends ago at the Whitianga Scallop Festival.
1) For me, the most attractive qualities in people are compassion and sense of humour.
2) I love puns, wordplay and rhyming. All with proper spelling and grammar, please.
3) I could not speak a word of English on my first day at primary school in NZ (Spanish is my first language).
4) I had my tongue pierced for 6 months when I was about 19.
5) I get serious camera envy. Don’t show me the size of your lens.
6) Generally, I don’t enjoy shopping with other people. I prefer being by myself but there are exceptions.
7) I own far too many recipe books but am bad am not very good at putting them to use.
8) When I was little I was scared of dogs but after we got our first family dog I fell head over heels in love with them.
9) I think I’m allergic to aspartame because I get shortness of breath after chewing sugar-free gum, but I still do it on occasion.
10) Last year I had a very unhealthy fixation with Jack Bauer and 24.
11) I learnt how to play guitar when I was at school, but then I broke my little finger after a basketball hit it and it didn’t heal right, which kissed bar chords goodbye. Now I want to learn bass guitar.
12) My peak time of the day is between 11pm and 3am. This is when I’m the most creative.
13) When I was about 4 years old my head got stuck in the doors of a subway in Buenos Aires. The subway started moving toward the tunnel with my head in the doors and my body outside. The people inside managed to pry it open enough for me to squeeze out but after this I had a fear of mechanical doors until I was about 12.
14) I failed Accounting 101 at University and had to repeat it. Got a C- the second time, and that was only because of scaling.
15) I’m really interested in psychology, history, geology, and anything about how the world and people work.
All images appearing on this blog (solange.posterous.com) may not be reproduced, copied or manipulated without the written permission of Solange Francois. © 2010