Sunset view of Paris from Montparnasse Tower

Aside from having to queue, there is one major drawback to viewing Paris from the top of the Eiffel Tower, and that is that you can’t see the Eiffel Tower! So I went up Tour Montparnasse which is quieter yet provides an incredible panoramic view of Paris. Go at sunset and you’ll not only see Paris drenched in the pastels of the evening light – you’ll also see the Eiffel Tower light up and sparkle on the hour (every hour after dark) for 10 minutes. Unbeatable!

Img_6564
Img_6477
Img_6491
Img_6515
Tagged , ,

7 thoughts on “Sunset view of Paris from Montparnasse Tower

1. Murray Bruges says:

That is a killer first shot Solange.

2. Solange says:

Thanks Muzz! Got the spotlight at the top just at the right moment. (Took a quite a few shots, though!)

3. Tanya Alekseeva says:

Solange!! Great tip- Elliot and I are going back to Paris next month and that is the view I want! You must tell me though- what is this amazing camera you have?

4. Christine Udy says:

These pictures make my jaw drop! So beautifully captured by you x

5. Solange says:

Tanya – yes, definitely go here! The camera is a Canon 450D but I didn’t have a tripod so they’re a bit grainy. But I did take HEAPS so I had plenty to choose from 🙂 And thank you Chris! x

6. Kelly says:

Wow!!!

7. Atul (Pixodentist on twitter) says:

Brilliant view! Was staying near Montparnasse Tower, but sadly missed this view. Thanx for posting this. Surely will do in my next visit.